Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Book...

Well, I never thought I'd hear myself say these words, but I have closed my Etsy shop (TrickyKnits) to write a book. Still sounds strange. But a fabulous thing happened and the upshot is that for the next few months I get to order beautiful yarn and try to whip it into beautiful creations for newborns and toddlers. What's not to love about that? It keeps me up at night - my head spins with fun things to try! So, I whip out my sketch book and write it down before it disappears into the ether. I think it will be hard to narrow this book to just 20 designs...maybe Volume II is out there on the horizon somewhere!

Off to knit!

1 comment:

Ashleys Under the Stars said...

Your work is so beautiful, I have been admiring your flickr and all your wonderful props! Congrats on your book! I am sure it will be wonderful! Was wondering where you order all your yarn? Have you found any good websites for buying bulk or ways to find good deals? I feel like I have been spending way more money buying the yarn then making money selling my hats so far. I guess I have just started though, so I can't complain. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!